These teams are made up of 4th and 5th grade students. The teams competed in four different areas: Robot Mission, Research Project, Robot Design and Core Values.
The teams were: LEGO Lions, Team Hicks, Golden Hawks, LME LEGO Legends, Tornado Rescue Squad, Untitled Won, Firebolt and Boss Builders.
- Four teams (LEGO Lions, Golden Hawks, LME LEGO Legends and Boss Builders) received an invitation to participate in the regional tournament on March 8, 2014. About one third of all teams that participated were invited, so LME did better than the average.
- LEGO Lions placed 1st in Robot Mission and 3rd in the Research Project.
- Team Hicks placed 2nd in the Research Project.
- The Chairman's Award is the most prized award representing best overall performance. Golden Hawks won second place Chairman's Award. (Teams that win the Chairman's Award are not eligible to place in any of the four component awards - robot performance, research project, robot design, or core values.)
- LME LEGO Legends placed 2nd in Core Values.
- Team Firebolt placed 2nd in Robot Mission and Robot Design.
- Boss Builders placed 1st in Robot Design.
All teams did a great job participating in the tournaments and appeared to have a great time.